We’ve all heard the term “Beauty Sleep” and it’s true, the fountain of youth is found in good quality sleep.
Sleep is perhaps the most important part of a beauty routine. The body recovers and skin cells repair during sleep, hence why inadequate or disturbed sleep affects not only our appearance but also our sense of physical and emotional wellbeing.
When we feel tired, or haven’t been achieving the recommended seven to nine hours a night, our blood does not flow efficiently. A good night’s rest allows the blood supply to bring oxygen to skin cells, enhancing skins health and radiance. As we sleep our bodies releases human growth hormone, which is necessary for collagen production. This rise in growth hormones also allows damaged cells to repair properly.
In fact, our skin is dependant on ‘enough’ sleep for it to function at optimal health. When our bodies are sleep deprived, the stress hormone cortisol elevates which increases stress and inflammation in the body, that often makes an appearance through our skin. Inflammation breaks down collagen in the body, which accelerates the ageing process and often leads to breakouts. A good night’s sleep helps to clear the skin and reduce irritations such as skin conditions.
Whilst we sleep, the body’s hydration rebalances, skin is able to recover moisture and excess water in the body is processed for removal. Poor sleep is a major cause into fluid imbalances, such as water retention, puffy eyes and skin dryness. The rehydration that occurs during good quality sleep make fine lines and wrinkles less visible, and assists the skin to increase moisture levels which gives us a plump and firm looking complexion.
Vida Glow’s Beauty Sleep is created with key ingredients that work together to calm the body, allowing you to drift off to a natural sleep cycle, leading to a deep, relaxed sleep without causing drowsiness. Achieving the deep stage of sleep is key to beauty, this is when hormones aid in cell and tissue repair, as well as making new collagen, the protein that keeps skin strong and elastic. Deep sleep is also where blood flow peaks, feeding and oxygenating skin cells, this is where the magic happens!
Signs Beauty Sleep is right for you:
- Puffy eyes
- Dull complexion
- Dehydrated skin
- Lifeless hair
- Difficulties concentrating
- Feeling anxious or stressed
- Difficulty falling or staying asleep
- Disrupted sleep, constant waking
- A glowing complexion
- Reduces the visible signs of ageing
- Fewer fine lines and dark circles
- Brighter, less puffy eyes
- Healthier, fuller hair
- May help to heal skin conditions
- Improve skin tone
How to enjoy
- Add 1 scoop of Vida Glow Beauty Sleep to 1 cup of water (or beverage of your choice).
- If substituting water for another beverage we recommend coconut water or a plant-based milk (almond, cashew, or coconut) that does not contain added refined sugars. Keep in mind this will change the nutritional profile of your drink.
- Shake or blend well
- You can also add it to a smoothie. This is optional as when formulating our Beauty Sleep we made sure it tastes great just in water!
Organic Pea Protein - offers a great tasting, high protein, low carbohydrate, hypo-allergenic and easily digestible protein powder.
Organic Lucuma powder - is a super nutritious Peruvian fruit that contains beta carotene, iron, zinc, vitamin B3, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, protein and is rich in antioxidants. Lucuma powder has a natural and delicious sweet flavour, it’s low GI and has properties known to promote sleep.
Marine Magnesium can reduce the side effects of magnesium deficiency, reduce fatigue, assist muscle aches and pains, cramps, restlessness and anxiety. Marine magnesium is highly bio available, efficiently absorbed into the blood stream, naturally increasing magnesium levels. Marine magnesium is rich in plant sourced minerals.
Organic Masala Chai Blend
- Cinnamon contains large amounts of polyphenol antioxidants, which protect the skin and body. The anti - inflammatory properties of cinnamon is hugely beneficial to irritated skin.
- Cardamom is rich in various vitamins and micronutrients as well. These include niacin, pyridoxine,riboflavin, thiamine, vitamins A & C, sodium, potassium, calcium, copper, iron manganese, magnesium, phosphorous and zinc.
- Clove is a powerful spice rich in protein, dietary fibre and minerals including; calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, sodium and zinc. Vitamins found in Clove are Vitamins C, B6, B12, A, E, D and K, as well as thiamin, riboflavin, niacin and folate.
- Star anise is rich in antioxidants and vitamins C and A, and helps treat digestive ailments such as bloating, gas, indigestion and constipation.
- Liquorice has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiviral properties
- Nutmeg is a spice with a long list of health benefits including relieving pain, soothing indigestion and improving cognitive function. It’’s also known to detoxify the body, improve skin quart and reduce sleep troubles. Nutmeg has a nutritional profile of vitamins, minerals and organic compounds.
- Black Pepper is a spice rich in manganese, vitamin K, iron, zinc and fibre, as well as being rich in antioxidants. Black pepper is a carminative, it discourages intentional gas from forming.
Inactive nutritional yeast Zinc powder is one source of complete protein and vitamins, in particular B-complex vitamins. It contains folates, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, selenium and zinc. Zinc is needed for the turnover of and repairing of skin cells.
Natural Lemon Balm extract powder has been prescribed since the middle ages as a natural remedy to improve sleep, reduce anxiety, heal wounds and promote longevity. Lemon Balm is a calming herb.
Organic Valerian root powder is a herb is most commonly used for sleep for treating sleep disorders, as well as anxiety, nervousness, restlessness and psychological stress. Is widely used for its sedative effects and anti-anxiety capabilities, naturally calming anxiety and aiding sleep.
Organic Sea buckthorn juice powder - is derived from berries known to contain 10 different vitamins, 24 trace elements, and 18 amino acids. They are rich in protein, and have a high concentration of some rare essential fatty acids.