By Rebecca Gawthorne – Dietitian & Nutritionist
We all love mangoes! The tropical-tasting, juicy, sweet fruit that is packed full of healthy nutrition. Mangos are high in Vitamin C & A, loaded with fibre which is good for digestion & virtually fat free. In total, mangos contain over 20 different vitamins and minerals, making them a definite summer superfood. With all their health benefits & sumptuous flavour, it’s no wonder mangos are one of the most popular fruit in the world!
So when I heard the news that Vida Glow were releasing a mango flavour of their marine collagen supplement, I was extremely excited! The mango powder that Vida Glow utilise is derived from Australian Kensington Pride Mangoes, the sweetest of all the mango varieties. The addition of the mango powder to Vida Glow not only provides a delicious flavour, but also works in synergy with the marine collagen to help promote youthful, beautiful skin, hair and nails.
The high vitamin C content in mangoes acts as a powerful antioxidant that is required in the formation of collagen required for healthy skin. It reduces dark spots, blemishes and heals your skin from irritations. The combination of marine collagen and mango powder in the new Mango Vida Glow also assists in delaying the onset of skin ageing as it contains beta-carotene, which acts at a cellular level to repair skin and reduce wrinkles. These powerful nutrients nourish your body from the inside out to reduce pigmentation by protecting the skin from free radical damage and stimulate the circulation of blood in the mucous membrane of the skin, which can help reduce clogged pores and the appearance of blackheads. It also hydrates your skin, smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles giving you a plump and radiant complexion.
If you are looking for a way to add a touch of sweetness to your beauty regime whilst improving the health of your skin, hair and nails, then Mango Vida Glow is the perfect way! Try the following ways to add an extra boost to your beauty with Mango Vida Glow:
- Blend it through your fruit smoothies – try fresh mango, soy milk, desiccated coconut
- Sprinkle it over your salads or mix it into salad dressings – a great combo is smoked salmon, mango, baby spinach, Spanish onion and sundried tomatoes
- Mixed through yoghurt topped with fresh fruit salad – try coconut yoghurt topped with passionfruit and fresh berries
- Blended into nicecream – try frozen mango and banana blended up
- Sprinkled your pancakes – try banana pancakes made with eggs, oats and banana and topped with desiccated coconut
- Along in a glass of your favourite milk – try it with organic soy milk