At Vida Glow, we believe that birthdays are a reason for celebration – not cause for feeling distressed and upset.
That’s because getting older doesn’t mean you have to look older. Our bioavailable Marine Collagen works to restore collagen levels and stimulate collagen synthesis, which slows as we get older. When taken daily, our marine collagen is scientifically proven to promote visibly healthier and more youthful hair, skin and nails.
With marine collagen, you really can have your cake and eat it too!
- 2 cups gluten-free flour or regular flour
- 1¼ cups unrefined coconut sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup almond milk
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp canola oil or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 5 servings Original Marine Collagen
- 3¾ cups (450g) Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tbsp (45g) Vegan Butter
- 4 Tbsp (60ml) Almond Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease the cake pan and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, sift flour. Add cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and Original Marine Collagen. Mix well.
- Add wet ingredients into dry and mix until smooth. Pour batter into a greased cake pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a butter knife through the centre and comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for about 10 minutes in the pan, then turn the cake out onto a plate.
- Add the powdered sugar, vegan butter, half the almond milk and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, start at low speed, gradually increasing speed. Slowly add the remaining almond milk until perfectly smooth and thick. Icing should be very thick, but still easily spreadable.
- After the cake has cooled completely, ice and decorate.
This delicious marine collagen enriched chocolate cake is our favourite way to get a birthday glow. We know you’ll love it! x